You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.



Thursday, November 29, 2012

The last blog

Every generation is a little bit different than the next. Just from when I was younger to now I am seeing a mass jump in how intrusive technology is in my life. I pretty much use it for everything, even right now as I type I am using a computer, the Internet and an online blogger to do my homework. I heard that most grade school are getting rid of the use of paper and are going towards ebooks and other digital devices to teach in the classrooms, this is not a new phenomenon. For how important technology is in our new world of the digital age, I do think it would be very challenging to unplug from the rest of the world, and I am not sure if I even want to. I guess that is something this class as taught me this semester is that the more you use technology and the more you keep up to date with current events in the digital age the less these types of changes seem scary. I can understand why people do go on those vacations though to get away from cellphones, computers, television, laptops, tablets, etc because it is an escape from the busy world happening around them, but this is like the same thing when people would just go to their country homes to get away from the craziness of the city for a while; so they can take a breath. I learned the history of most technology I use commonly everyday, including telephones, the television and the Internet. I learned how fast technology is catching on today and how we are in a situation where its hard to came back from, kind of like if we sold our souls to the devil. Technology is pretty interesting, and most of the time makes life easier and more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment