You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.



Monday, October 15, 2012

Blog #6

I remember using a PC for the first time when I went to catholic school and we would have computer class. We never actually where able to explore and play on the computers, it was more for learning how to type and such. When I went to middle school, I received my own laptop but at the time I really had not interest in it. I didn't have a computer at home so The Internet wasn't really something I play with all that much. At that time in my life I was way more interested in walking around with my friends and being out late. In high school, was the first time I ever used the World Wide Web. I created a facebook account this year and started using the Internet for my research projects. My freshman year was actually the last year that my high school allowed free range on the Internet. After that year, a block ad been put on the Internet server and you couldn't even look up two people kisses without a blocked warning. I really didn't even use computers or know much about them until my senior year of high school when I had to take my computer class. I felt really stupid, because I was in a class filled with sophomores and they knew tons more than I did with most things relating to computers. It was then that I felt like I actually got the hang on how to use the ordinary computer and computer programs such as excel and windows. To this day, I still don't own a computer and I still do feel back in times compared to most technology. I something mind, mostly the times when I feel incompetent and stupid because I might not know how something works, etc. Myself and technology as never really gotten along. Today, I realize its mostly because we never really had technology in the house because it wasn't something that was a necessity. I remember, in high school when I had to use the Internet for a research paper I was doing and i couldn't figure out how create new tabs and how to operate search engineers. I became completely embarrassed when I had to ask one of my fellow class mates for help. It was something that was common and I had no idea how to work it. After that experience, I haven't really spoke up when ask about technologies. I guess mostly because I am afraid of being wrong. I believe it was Mark Twain who said It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment