You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.
Monday, October 22, 2012
Video Games
Video games have a massive role in our society, like most things in the technology world. Video games are like a dramatic reflection on contemporary society functions. For instance, how video games usually reference or share characters from books, movies and comic books. Also how video games usually match our current advancements in programing capacities. There main purpose and function being mostly home entertainment but also serves the role in portable consoles entertainment. With the advancement in technology and the increase in better graphics, video games realistic qualities are bigger than ever. Some even argue that because of the shockingly realistic views and the main targeted audience is to the 10-30 demographic, that video games can be harmful to young teens. The studies that discuss this topic are mostly talking about the video games with strong violent content. This worries parents and some leading officials because they are afraid what effects this will have on society. On the other hand, In many video games, the skills required to win involve abstract and
high level thinking. These skills are not even taught at school. I never really played video games all that much when I was younger, except for the classics; Sonic, Mario Bros., PAC Man, Donkey Kong, etc. I did grow up with a brother and some cousins that where and who are still to this day extremely into video games. I have actually have the privilege of walking into a gamer party, where all the lights turned off and the only light from coming from all the peoples LCD's on their computers. I felt like it was kind of odd, but apparently it let's you get more in the "mood" of the video games world. They mostly play game of Warcraft and other avatar games. I guess I can understand wanting to get more into the world, considering video games allow and release from the real world just like most other things do, for example movies, books, watching TV. Of course it is going to have effects on us as an society, but why wouldn't it? Most things do, especially the ones that a correlated to other main stream means of entertainment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment